Thursday, November 4, 2010

Check Engine Light On And Gmac Yukon

Athens Marathon 2010 II

At 4:00 clock the night is over. Although I spent seven hours in bed, I slept very little.
is also freezing cold there, because at some point in the night, the air conditioning turned on by itself.
Freezing torment myself in my running clothes and make my way to the breakfast room.
The "Greeks" had understood our request for a decent marathon breakfast and already built up the full program. Again a loose candidate was ticked off. After breakfast I
committing the first error of the young day. Without good cause, I change my running shoes again. But now there is no turning back. By Metro Our group goes to a central Departure point for buses to Marathon. There I will put my last big worry. Perfectly organized a large number of buses waiting for their running score.

do instead of a nap, I calmed down a second error. I follow meter by meter, the distance over which I would torture me in the next few hours in the opposite direction. With every mile it was me warmer at heart and old doubts came up again.
Together with the sun came our bus 45 minutes later in Marathon. Now separated us, "only" two long hours from the start of the Athens Marathon. Many runners are now perfect fool actors and sovereignty and composure in front. The view inside, would probably get very different results.
Salvation comes shortly after 9:00 clock. The starting signal, nearly 11,000 starters going towards Athens. While in Germany there
gloomy rainy weather is the Greek thermometer already 18 degrees. The organizers of the marathon were in this situation, but prepared well. All had been 2.5 km ensured an abundant water supply and keeping doctors and paramedics in large numbers along the route.
The traditional marathon from Marathon to Athens is not a very nice track. Neither scenic highlights even inner-city attractions draw from him. Wide streets and hot asphalt are the characteristics of this race. No high mountains miles but increases wear down the legs. Almost no shade the runners pull stations, Lidl's and Aldi by the direction of downtown Athens. Those who survived without damage to its course there, it can now take things more relaxed. For the last 10 kilometers to go all downhill.

For me personally ran the first kilometer unspectacular. As long as possible, I wanted to run a 7-section. A dream come true for me would have been a time under 5 hours. After my first real "Fotoauszeit" at kilometer 15 (the only view of the sea), I was still pretty good in the plan. As a "child" of the Palatinate Forest, I waited eagerly for the coming mountains. My confidence in the ability of my mountain legs but was deeply disappointed. After about four hours, I reached pretty pumped to the highest point of the track at kilometer 31st
from the half marathon mark made during the first noticeable bubbles. That is very unpleasant, but no reason to lay down their arms. The feet are pretty capable of suffering.

Although my speed dropped more and more, I was only in the fast lane. A rare sight for me, but not unpleasant. More and more runners had to pay tribute to the temperatures well and laid siege to flock to the medical points. For minimum Shadow areas since they changed the street and water bottles were converted into showers.
Then it was finally over. From an alley, stood at the roadside thousands of enthusiastic people, it goes into the Olympic Stadium in Athens. Solemn, an inlet to be. No spectacle with lights and fireworks, music only plays for the collection of "runners gladiators." The crowd cheer the eight-thousandth cut cracks just as if he were the winner.

All the remains of your body fluid is flowing, now in the form of tears from his eyes. It is a poignant moment on the finish line of this monumental stadium run. At the Olympic Games 2004, struggled in the same place for gold, silver and bronze medals.

celebrate despite burning soles I have the 5:32 hour as a victory. What a day. There was a high point in my marathon career.
say with great humility, I thank all who helped me that I have after a long time, been able to experience this wonderful day in Athens. More photos here

0 comments:

Post a Comment